COVID-19 Outbreak - Country Parks
We know that people who spend time in nature are happier and healthier, but it can be difficult to know how to do this safely in the current climate. Our parks remain open so that local residents can use them for fresh air and exercise, so long as they behave in accordance with government guidelines about social distancing and hygiene. The country parks offer the chance for a walk or run, which is good for health and mental wellbeing. You can help us keep them open by keeping a two metre distance between yourself and others when you visit. Now is not the time for picnics, or mass gatherings.
It should be reiterated that people should only leave their homes once a day for one form of exercise and not be in groups of 2 or more, except where they are in the same household. Police have powers to enforce these rules.
If you are local to the Park please follow our guidelines when visiting:
- When using footpaths please keep to one side so others may pass you at a safe distance. If needed, walk on the grass to the side of the path until it is safe to return to the path.
- Wait for others to cross bridges before you do. Please do not linger, be considerate of others who need to cross.
- Try not to touch the handrails on bridges or gates.
- If you are cycling in the Park, please maintain social distancing at all times.
- Please keep dogs under control.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit.
There are no facilities open at the parks i.e. no visitor centres, no cafes, no playgrounds, no attractions, no toilets and no car parks. Visitors will only be admitted on foot or on bicycle and will be asked to leave if they do not adhere to government guidelines whilst at the park.
Please do not drive to the parks, the government has advised against non-essential travel. Anyone parking illegally in areas surrounding the parks will be reported and dealt with by the police or other enforcement officers.
We are now functioning with a much-reduced staff to maintain safety and minimal maintenance at the parks. Our Visitor Centres are closed so this means that phone calls may not be answered and permit sales are currently suspended. Please bear with us during this time and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.