COVID-19 outbreak - Country Parks
Country parks are returning to normal summer opening hours from Monday 10 August.
Warwickshire’s country parks offer the chance for exercise, which is good for health and mental wellbeing, but please continue to respect others and maintain a two-metre distance between yourself and others when you visit.
People should not assemble in groups of more than six, except where they are in the same household.
Visitors will be asked to leave if they do not adhere to government guidelines whilst at the park.
Please follow these guidelines within the country parks:
- When using footpaths please keep to one side so others may pass you at a safe distance. If needed, walk on the grass to the side of the path until it is safe to return to the path.
- Wait for others to cross bridges before you do. Please do not linger, be considerate of others who need to cross.
- Try not to touch the handrails on bridges or gates.
- If you are cycling in the park, please maintain social distancing at all times.
- Please keep dogs under control.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit
- Bring hand sanitiser to use during your visit
There remains limited facilities available at the parks. Visitor centres are closed, cafes are offering takeaway or restricted provision, some playgrounds and limited attractions are open at this stage (follow guidance or signage on site). Toilets are currently only open at Kingsbury and Ryton. Burton Dassett toilets will be open from 9am to 3pm.
From Monday 10 August a new cashless parking system will be operating. Pay and display machines will be in place at the chargeable car parks of our five Country Parks and Stratford Greenway. Rangers will be on hand to monitor the new system and provide support to visitors with familiarising themselves with the machines.
Permit holders do not need to buy a ticket from the machine and must clearly display their valid permit inside the vehicle with the end date visible. Broomey Croft car park at Kingsbury Water Park remains open to permit holders only.