COVID-19 outbreak - Country Parks
Update 5 January 2021
Following the Government announcement of the third lockdown we would like to re-enforce the following guidelines:
You should minimise time spent outside your home.
It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You can only leave your home to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure (e.g. a picnic or a social meeting). This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area (this is defined as 'IN THE VILLAGE, TOWN OR PART OF THE CITY WHERE YOU LIVE').
- You may exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble.
- You should not meet other people you do not live with, or have formed a support bubble with, unless for a permitted reason.
- Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household.
Warwickshire's country parks remain open for local visits only.
- Play areas remain open.
- Toilets remain open (Ryton Pools, Kingsbury and Burton Dassett only).
- Cafe's remain open for takeaways only.
- car parks open
Update from 24 November 2020:
Following an extremely busy weekend we wanted to re-iterate the importance of following the lockdown social distancing rules while on site.
Remember - ‘Hands. Face. Space’:
- hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds (alternatively use hand sanitizer if no hand washing facilities are available)
- face – wear a face covering in indoor settings, where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors)
Please be aware if the park becomes too busy we reserve the right to lock the front gates for everyone’s safety (on sites where this is possible). In this instance we will post on Facebook to keep you updated. Should this happen please observe the following:
- DO NOT travel to the park if you are aware we have closed the gates.
- If you arrive to find the gates locked then turn away and DO NOT attempt to park up elsewhere. Parking on the roadsides causes a hazard to yourself and other road users and can result in a police fine.
We are committed to ensuring our parks remain safe for our staff and for the public to visit during this lockdown, but it is imperative that we all, as individuals, play our part by behaving responsibly.
Update from 5 November 2020:
Car parks at all our sites are open. Please pay attention to signage around our sites and do not try to park if car parks are full. Parking charges apply.
Toilet facilities are open 9am - 3pm at:
- Kingsbury Water Park
- Ryton Pools Country Park
- Burton Dassett Hills
Cafés, refreshments and visitor centres
Cafes at Ryton and Kingsbury Water Park are operating take away services only.Ice cream vans may be on site, depending on weather.
Kiosks at Hartshill and Cafe at Pooley Country Parks are closed.
Visitor centres remain closed.
Children's play areas and outdoor gym equipment
All playgrounds are available, unless otherwise stated on site. Please follow the guidance displayed for your safety and that of others.
Outdoor gym equipment is currently closed and not to be used.
Fishing is allowed with members of your own household, your support bubble or with one other individual.
No events or bookings currently being taken to comply with government guidance.
Country parks are open and operating normal winter hours.
Warwickshire’s country parks offer the chance for exercise, which is good for health and mental wellbeing, but please continue to respect others and maintain a two-metre distance between yourself and others when you visit.
People should not assemble in groups.
Visitors will be asked to leave if they do not adhere to government guidelines whilst at the park.
Please follow these guidelines within the country parks:
- When using footpaths please keep to one side so others may pass you at a safe distance. If needed, walk on the grass to the side of the path until it is safe to return to the path.
- Wait for others to cross bridges before you do. Please do not linger, be considerate of others who need to cross.
- Try not to touch the handrails on bridges or gates.
- If you are cycling in the park, please maintain social distancing at all times.
- Please keep dogs under control.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit
- Bring hand sanitiser to use during your visit
There remains limited facilities available at the parks. Visitor centres are closed, cafes are offering takeaway or restricted provision, some playgrounds and limited attractions are open at this stage (follow guidance or signage on site). Toilets are currently only open at Kingsbury, Ryton and Burton Dassett. These toilets will be open from 9am to 3pm.
From Monday 10 August a new cashless parking system will be operating. Pay and display machines will be in place at the chargeable car parks of our five Country Parks and Stratford Greenway. Rangers will be on hand to monitor the new system and provide support to visitors with familiarising themselves with the machines.
Permit holders do not need to buy a ticket from the machine and must clearly display their valid permit inside the vehicle with the end date visible. Broomey Croft car park at Kingsbury Water Park remains open to permit holders only.