WARNING, BLUE – GREEN ALGAE
There is currently some blue-green algae present on Bodymoor Heath Water and Leys Brook. The algae appears as floating blankets, scum or ‘pea soup’ water. This algae can sometimes produce natural chemicals which may lead to a risk of rashes on contact with human skin, or harm to animals drinking quantities of water. We advise you avoid contact with affected areas and ensure animals in your control do not DRINK or SWIM in these areas. Thank you for you co-operation.
“So much to see and do at Warwickshire’s premier waterside attraction! Kingsbury Water Park has 15 lakes situated in over 600 acres of country park. Stroll along the surfaced paths, explore hidden corners, spot birds and wildlife, hire a bike, join an organised event or host your own event. Whatever your idea of a countryside visit is, you will find it at Kingsbury.”
At a glance
There are various events at our Country Parks throughout the year, check out the events list for the latest details.
Make the Information Centre at Kingsbury Water Park your first port of call and you can get friendly advice and information to enable you to enjoy your day out in the country park to the full. We stock information leaflets on all the activities taking place in the parks, as well as maps to help you find your way around.
Our Gift Shops stock a wonderful selection of countryside related gifts, toys, souvenirs and books at very reasonable prices. We are continuing to expand our range of sustainable or locally sourced items, particularly from local crafts people. The Information Centre is open every day except Christmas Day.
- Education Centre – Half day £60. Full day £90.
- The Old Barn Coffee Shop – Please call 01827 874823
- Broomey Croft Childrens Farm conference room
We have 3 toilet blocks with baby changing and disabled facilities within the park, these are located at the main entrance, Broomey Croft and Far Leys but please note that the toilets at Far Leys are closed November to March as they do not have frost protection.
The Information Centre has disabled access, and two mobility scooters are available for a small charge. Please telephone 01827 872660 for more details. Countryside – disabled access
Barbecues and fires
Barbecues and fires are not allowed, but picnics are welcome.
There are no cash machine facilities at this park
- Octavian Droobers – There is a permanent orienteering course on the site.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club – Site Warden 01827 874101
- Kingsbury Water Park Model Boat Club – 07519 665738
- Tamworth Sailing Club – 01827 872363
- Kingsbury Jet Bike Centre – 01827 874815 or 07968 748734
- Midland Powerboat Racing Club – 01384 821768
- Hobbyist – We do not allow hobbyist drone flying in any of our parks, or greenways.
- Commercial Operations – A pilot requires permission of the landowner (WCC) to take off and land the drone on their property. We only permit a CAA licensed pilot/company. Any requests must be in writing to the Parks Manager email@example.com